In Slovakia, our faculty is consistently ranked as the top research faculty among institutions with the focus on natural sciences. The faculty main research themes are as follows:
- Applications of qualitative and quantitative methods of mathematics and statistics in natural, technical, and economic sciences
- Algebraic and geometric structures and discrete mathematics
- Methods of mathematical analysis and their applications to dynamical systems
- Physical mechanisms in living systems and their use in biomedicine and biotechnology
- Nanotechnologies, materials, and new technologies
- Field physics, subatomic and atomic particles and their applications
- Physical mechanisms of processes in the environmental system and their use to predict its variations
- Information processing laws and their applications to new information and communication technologies
- Methods and tools of computer science to support the knowledge society
[Translate to English:] This book extends classical Hermite-Hadamard type inequalities to the fractional case via establishing fractional integral identities,...
[Translate to English:] This book presents fractional difference, integral, differential, evolution equations and inclusions, and discusses existence and...
Friday 6.7.2018 at 10:30, Lecture room M/223
PDE-day in honor of Pavol Quittner (28.6.2018)18. 06. 2018
Thursday 28.6.2018 at 14:00, Lecture room C
Tuesday 26.6.2018 at 14:00, Lecture room F2/125
21st annual celebration of important Slovak scientists, technology experts and young researchers from all areas of science and technology took place in the...
The crossed-beams experiment of electrons and molecules at the Department of experimental physics helps with analysis of astronomical observations. Results...
Quantum graphene: flat but rough04. 04. 2018
An article on the structure of quantum graphene was published on 4 April 2018 in Physical Review B within the Rapid Communications section devoted to the...
The spatial distribution of interplanetary matter in the near-Earth space and characterization of the physical properties of meteoroids is being investigated...
Two New Research Teams of Excellence at FMPHI03. 01. 2018
Bratislava, December 13, 2017: The research teams of excellence of Comenius University in Bratislava received awards from the rector of the University prof....